Sheridan Student Union is led by 12 elected student members who represent the SSUI membership of over 20,000 full-time and part-time students at Sheridan College. The Board is responsible for maintaining contact with the student population and bringing student feedback to Board level. With your feedback, the Board will continue to develop a long-term strategic vision, and exercise good corporate governance.
2018-2019 BOARD OF DIRECTORS
Who are the Board of Directors?
Campus/School Spirit & Collaboration
We like to define campus spirit as the “psychological attachment towards Sheridan that leads to positive, constructive, and emotional state within the broader community”. This year, we are focused on collaboration - working together to create more events and opportunities for students on campus.
To us, student engagement is all about involvement beyond the classroom, including but not limited to: sports teams, clubs, etc. and we are committed to facilitating more opportunities for this in the coming school year.
For us, it is important to be transparent with our audience and that means providing easy access to information and being proactive in the communication of SSU activities.
Orientation & Transition
Orientation is our opportunity to support incoming students and welcome them to their #SheridanLife. We are also passionate about helping enhance the orientation/transition experience for International Students.
Inclusivity & Accessibility
Inclusivity on campus means ensuring that every student in the Sheridan community feels welcome and comfortable inside and outside of the classroom. Overall, we aim to provide a sense of openness, accessibility, and improved clarity around SSU Services and Operations for all students.
- Increased accessibility to services with the implementation and success of the Tri-Campus Shuttle in partnership with Sheridan College
- Enhanced commitments to provide value and meet student needs through a newly developed strategic plan
- Funding and leadership to enable 200+ events annually, 10 awareness campaigns and over 15 contests to meet the tastes of and celebrate the diversity of Sheridan Students
- Renovations to our student union spaces at Davis and Trafalgar, and cooperatively working with the College to enhance SSUI spaces in the new HMC 2 and 2A expansions
- Renovations to our board room spaces at Davis and Trafalgar to enable enhanced intercampus communications, and access to superior boardroom facilities for all Sheridan students
- Enhancements and refinements to our Health and Dental Program so that it can continue to effectively serve the needs of Sheridan students
- A continued commitment to be the employer of choice for Sheridan students, being the largest on-campus employer of Sheridan students with over 250+ flexible positions