League of Progressive Bruins
The League of Progressive Bruins is a student group which exists to empower Sheridan students with knowledge pertaining to progressive economics and politics. No student should be left behind, and every student deserves to acquire the knowledge and skills to become politically and economically literate.
We will be hosting numerous events throughout the year, including listening to experts, educational and career conferences, networking with local politicians and political parties, networking with hiring managers in various departments, and pub nights to expose students to progressive political and economic ideas.
What can you expect at a club meeting?
- We will be inviting guest speakers who are experts in various fields. The experts will add significant value to the overall learning experience.
- We will be meeting every Friday from 5-7 PM in room B284; we may have two weekly meetings based on demand! We are very flexible.
- The first meeting will be dedicated to a lecture by an expert for the first 20 minutes, and then we will be breaking out into debates regarding either economic or political topic/policy.
- The second meeting of each month will be dedicated to a relevant political movie, documentary, TED Talk, or Munk Debate! There will be complimentary quality dinners and beverages for all members of the club once per month! We want to provide our members and guests with a cinematic experience, and all movies, documentaries, TedTalks, or Munk Debates will be carefully handpicked to ensure that they are highly relevant with political progressivism.
- We will host various events to encourage students to enrol in our club: pub nights, off-campus events (we want to attend a relevant live Munk Debate, organised by the Munk School of Global Affairs, University of Toronto.
Socialism. Ready for Change. The Progressive Wave. #LeagueofProgressiveBruins
Fridays from 5PM - 8PM