Did you know that YOU can be part of a student elected Board that makes decisions about issues that affect your campus?! Running for the Board of Directors is a great way to get involved on campus, make a difference in the Sheridan community and build your leadership skills.
The deadline for Board of Director Nominations has been extended.
Please submit your application no later than Thursday March 22, at 4:00 p.m.
To get started, please make sure to review your
Elections Policies, Nomination Package and the steps below:
Step #1 – Make sure you are eligible to run to be a Board of Director for your home campus. Check that you have the required GPA (2.5) and that you are / will be enrolled as a full time Sheridan College student during the Board of Directors term (May 1st, 2018 – April 30th, 2019). Read the rules. Make sure to read the Elections Policy to gain a better understanding of how SSU Board of Directors elections work.
Step #2 - Fill out all of the required nomination forms:
- Proof of Enrollment: This form is used to verify whether or not you’re a full time student and if you have a 2.5 GPA. You bring this form to the Office of the Registrar of your home campus. ⬇️
- Choice of Agent: Your Agent will be able to represent you and act on your behalf throughout the course of the election. ⬇️
- Proof of Involvement Form (Optional): This form is where you outline your relevant involvement and experience in the Sheridan Community. This form is optional. ⬇️
- Peer Nomination and Signature Form: To be eligible to run as a candidate, you must fill out the Peer Nomination and Signatures Form. This form is to be filled out by 50 of your home campus peers and will serve as your official nomination to be a candidate in the election. Make sure you get all the required information (student number, program, signature, etc). ⬇️
- Campaign Team Representative Form: This form is used to register each member of your campaign team. Members of your campaign team must not exceed twenty five (25).
Step #3 - Submit your nomination application here by Thursday March 22, 2018 at 4:00 p.m. ➡️
Step #4 – Attend the All Candidates Meeting on Friday, March 23 from 5:30 – 7:00pm at HMC - A402f President's Boardroom. This is where you’ll learn the do’s and don’ts of campaigning in an SSU election. You’ll also have your candidate photo taken at this meeting.
Step #5 – Campaign! From Friday, March 23rd – Thursday, March 27th you’ll have the chance to engage with your fellow students and show them why you’re running to be one of their student leaders on campus.
Why Run for the Board of Directors?
Being a member of the Board is a great opportunity to:
- Represent your fellow students in a meaningful way
- Get involved with important campus issues
- Develop your leadership and soft skills
- Create positive change at Sheridan
- Work closely with the your Student Union
- Make your resume stand out
- Expand your network... and more!
To learn more about your current Board or what they do, visit our Governance page here.
Mandatory Dates & Events:
All Candidates Meeting - Friday March 23rd from 5:30pm – 7:00pm, President’s Board Room A402f, HMC Campus
Voting Opens - Tuesday March 27th at 9:00am
Voting Closes - Thursday March 29th at 4:00pm
Ballot Tabulation - Thursday March 29th at 6:00pm, A308 SSU Board Room, Hazel McCallion Campus
Mandatory Board Meeting - Tuesday March 27 from 7:00pm to 9:00pm, H153, Davis Campus