Who are the Board of Directors?
The SSUI Board of Directors consists of 12 elected student members who represent the SSUI membership of approximately 19,000 full-time and part-time students at Sheridan College. The Board is responsible for maintaining contact with the student population and bringing student feedback to Board level. With your feedback, the Board will continue to develop a long-term strategic vision, and exercise good corporate governance.
Our Board Meetings will take place every two weeks throughout the year. Below is our schedule for the rest of the semester:
Tuesday, February 27th @ 7:00PM – SSU Board Room, HMC
Tuesday, March 13th @ 7:00PM – H135, Davis
Tuesday, March 27th @ 7:00PM – SSU Board Room, Trafalgar
Tuesday, April 10th @ 7:00PM – SSU Board Room, HMC
Sheridan College students are always welcome to attend our Board meetings. Please register before 3:00 p.m. the Monday prior to each meeting to give us time to consider your attendance on the Agenda.
- Increased accessibility to services with the implementation and success of the Tri-Campus Shuttle in partnership with Sheridan College
- Enhanced commitments to provide value and meet student needs through a newly developed strategic plan
- Funding and leadership to enable 200+ events annually, 10 awareness campaigns and over 15 contests to meet the tastes of and celebrate the diversity of Sheridan Students
- Renovations to our student union spaces at Davis and Trafalgar, and cooperatively working with the College to enhance SSUI spaces in the new HMC 2 and 2A expansions
- Renovations to our board room spaces at Davis and Trafalgar to enable enhanced intercampus communications, and access to superior boardroom facilities for all Sheridan students
- Enhancements and refinements to our Health and Dental Program so that it can continue to effectively serve the needs of Sheridan students
- A continued commitment to be the employer of choice for Sheridan students, being the largest on-campus employer of Sheridan students with over 250+ flexible positions
2017-2018 By-Election Unofficial Results - Click to view.
Board of Director Update - May 10, 2017 - Click to view.
Official HMC Results & Update - Press Release - March 3, 2017 - Click to view.
Official Results Update - Press Release - February 23, 2017 - Click to view.
Unofficial Results - Press Release - February 22, 2017 - Click to view.
To view the 2016-2017 By-Election unofficial results, click here.