Board of Directors Updates
Our next Board meeting is on June 13th, 2017 - 7:00 - 9:00 pm in the SU Boardroom at HMC in the President’s Boardroom
(4th floor room 402f)
To review the agenda for this week's meeting, click here.
Sheridan College students are always welcome to attend our Board meetings. Please register before 3:00 p.m. the Monday prior to each meeting to give us time to consider your attendance on the Agenda.
Who are the Board of Directors?
The SSUI Board of Directors consists of 12 elected student members who represent the SSUI membership of approximately 19,000 full-time and part-time students at Sheridan College. The Board is responsible for maintaining contact with the student population and bringing student feedback to Board level. With your feedback, the Board will continue to develop a long-term strategic vision, and exercise good corporate governance.
- Increased accessibility to services with the implementation and success of the Tri-Campus Shuttle in partnership with Sheridan College
- Enhanced commitments to provide value and meet student needs through a newly developed strategic plan
- Funding and leadership to enable 200+ events annually, 10 awareness campaigns and over 15 contests to meet the tastes of and celebrate the diversity of Sheridan Students
- Renovations to our student union spaces at Davis and Trafalgar, and cooperatively working with the College to enhance SSUI spaces in the new HMC 2 and 2A expansions
- Renovations to our board room spaces at Davis and Trafalgar to enable enhanced intercampus communications, and access to superior boardroom facilities for all Sheridan students
- Enhancements and refinements to our Health and Dental Program so that it can continue to effectively serve the needs of Sheridan students
- A continued commitment to be the employer of choice for Sheridan students, being the largest on-campus employer of Sheridan students with over 250+ flexible positions
Q: Who can be a director?
A: Any full-time student who is over the age of 18, able to maintain 2.5 program term GPA or higher and enrolled continuously during the term can run in our elections!
Q: I want to speak to the board about an issue I have!
A: Any student can make a request to be added to the Agenda at the next board meeting. You just have to send an email to our chair of the board.
Q: Why should I vote?
- You have an opinion! If you don't vote for your own interests, who will?You are directly impacted by those elected!
- Hold SSU accountable to the student voice!
- Because you want to be informed!
- Use your Voice!
Q: What does the board do?
A: The board is the student leadership responsible for outlining the strategic direction of the Sheridan student union. To find out more about what the board does, click here.
Q: Can I vote at any campus?
A: No, each full-time student must vote at their home campus.
Q: When are elections?
A: Elections take place generally two times a year. The first is in February-March to vote on the following year’s board. There is also the possibility of a by-election which usually happens between September and October. Nominations are usually available for two weeks, followed by two weeks of campaigning and then two voting days. For more information about this years election please visit thessu.ca/discoverchange
Q: How can I become a board member? / Where can I get a Nomination package?
Board of Director Update - May 10, 2017 - Click to view.
Official HMC Results & Update - Press Release - March 3, 2017 - Click to view.
Official Results Update - Press Release - February 23, 2017 - Click to view.
Unofficial Results - Press Release - February 22, 2017 - Click to view.
To view the 2016-2017 By-Election unofficial results, click here.