Important Fee Change Update

A Fees Refund Policy and Procedure for Domestic Students has been approved and is in effect as of January 12, 2016, with a mandatory review date of January 2019.  This new policy and procedure was created in consultation with representatives across the College including Finance, Student Services and a variety of areas within the Office of the Registrar (Admissions, Contact Centre, Financial Aid, Records and Registration) to address the need to formalize the process related to Fee Refunds for Domestic students. A Fee Refund Appeal Committee has also been established with representation from key areas within the College to render decisions related to the extenuating circumstance appeals. 

The Office of the Registrar is responsible for administering the policy and procedure.   This policy provides a framework outlining the circumstances in which Sheridan will grant a fees refund for Domestic Students in accordance with the Minister’s Binding Policy Directive, Tuition and Ancillary Fees, December, 2013, through the Ministry of Training, Colleges and Universities.   The policy applies to Domestic Students who are requesting a refund of fees and are enrolled in a postsecondary program of instruction that leads to a Sheridan Degree, Certificate, Diploma, Advanced Diploma or Graduate Certificate. Requests for refunds from non-Domestic Students are covered under a separate process through the International Office.  

The Procedure document outlines the circumstances in which a refund will be provided; a transfer of the tuition deposit to a future term within the academic cycle (Fall, Winter, Spring) will be processed; and the extenuating circumstances that will be considered by the Fee Refund Appeal Committee. The required Application for Refund of Tuition and/or Tuition Deposit and, if applicable, the Extenuating Circumstances Student Medical Certificate forms are attached to the policy and procedure documents.   

Students requiring assistance with this process may meet with their Office of the Registrar Records Specialist or a Student Advisor from the Advisement Centre.