With the end of the school year approaching, I bet you are wondering what to do with those textbooks you have laying around. You know the kind. Really heavy and kind of too big to fit into your bag with all your stuff? The ones that have absolutely no course related material other than that one chapter your prof insists will make or break your entire college career?
Yes, that one.
I was bored one day and decided that I was going to use that book for something other than a paperweight. At the time, I was renting a small room, so home work-outs were not ideal - but then I got creative.
This mini work-out is a great way to de-stress and feel rejuvenated. I geared this towards beginners, so everyone can try it out! It saves you money on purchasing weights and exercise equipment as well.
I recommend taking a small break in-between studying so that you can keep your energy up! Don’t forget to drink water before and after.
We love it so much, we're going on live on the SSU Facebook page on Monday March 6th to demonstrate.
Check out Bella and Akil work it ... out.
Or try it for yourself:
1. Hold your textbook up above your knees and try to make your knees touch your textbook.
2. Put that book on the floor and do push-ups until your chest touches the book.
3. 15 squats while holding the heavy book out in front of you.
4. 2 x 30 second wall sits with your book on your lap.
5. If you want to get your abs involved, try 15 plank taps.
- Go into your plank position and alternate tapping your text book in front of you.
6. ENTER BEAST MODE
Repeat this 3 times for the ideal workout.